Snowshoeing today offers something for anyone interested in the outdoors. Whether you're looking for an afternoon walk around a neighborhood trail, a weekend hike, access to backcountry powder, mountain views, a new winter workout, or just some family fun, here are a few quicks facts about snowshoeing:
- Snowshoeing is the least expensive winter sport, at roughly 20% the cost of alpine skiing equipment.
- Snowshoeing is fun and easy to learn.
- Modern snowshoes are safe, simple, and user-friendly.
- Snowshoeing allows access to winter's hidden landscape.
- Snowshoeing is a rich, rewarding social activity that combines, fitness, outdoors, and friends.
- Snowshoeing offers highly effective fitness, burning 420-1000 calories/hour depending on terrain, weight and speed.
- Snowshoeing is a low-impact sport that's great for recuperation or non-impact strength building.
- Once you have the gear, it's free - your snowshoes are your ticket to winter fun.
- Snowshoeing is equally fun from kids to grandparents.
- It's the perfect way to stay active in winter when most people become sedentary.