Created October 28, 2013
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site
- How such information is used
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration form requires users to give us contact information that may include name, email address, address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers. To review your personal information and request corrections you may contact our offices:
4201 6th Ave South
Seattle, WA 98108
Use of Information
The information you supply will be used by Snowshoes.com to respond to your inquiries or supply you with information on Snowshoes.com. Authorized third parties may be used by Snowshoes.com to collect, track and process such information. It may be necessary, if required by law or if pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations, to release your personally identifiable information. If you have submitted personal information to Snowshoes.com and would like it removed or modified, please contact us. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Below are some additional, more specific examples of how we use personal information:
- We may use your personal information to verify and validate your identity.
- If you submit a job application or resume to us, we may use the personal information in the application or resume to communicate with you and, subject to laws and regulations that govern our consideration of that personal information, to evaluate your qualifications for employment.
- We may aggregate information about your activities and services to help us determine your potential interest in other products or services.
- For marketing and similar purposes, we may use personal information to offer products and services from us or others.
- We offer outdoor experiences and other events that take place in other countries and, in a global economy, we do not conduct every aspect of our business in just one country. We may transfer personal information about you worldwide in any manner consistent with this Policy.
- We keep information as a record of our interactions with you. If you deal with us or our representatives over the telephone, we may record the conversation. Personal information referenced in the call may be recorded or entered into another media (e.g., a computer). We may also keep logs of online chat and emails we receive from you.
- We may provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasions of certain security systems, as required by law or otherwise. We may do so by posting notice on our site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, or by other means. You understand that notice to you will count as notice to others using your account or membership and you agree to pass this notice on to them.
- We may use personal information about you to deal with legal process, below, and to comply with corporate laws that allow you to examine certain corporate books and records (such as minutes of member meetings and names and addresses of members entitled to vote).
- We may use personal information about you in an attempt to do any or all of these kinds of things: (i) prevent or investigate fraud, crimes, unauthorized use of personal information or the site, or economic or personal harm to anyone; (ii) facilitate product recalls; and (iii) to investigate, protect, defend, or enforce rights and property of Snowshoes.com or anyone else. In listing these types of actions where we may use personal information, we are not promising to take any such action and we will take or not take such action in our sole discretion. It is impossible to list every lawful use that we might make of personal information and the above examples are not intended to do so - they are only a general description and are for illustration.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users' movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of "Cookies"
Use of Location Data
When you are accessing this website on a mobile device, we may determine your current location and use that information to help you find nearby trails. We do not share your location information with any third parties, nor do we use it for any purpose other than to determine your location in relation to the existing trails in our database, or when you are adding a trail to our database. If you are not comfortable with this, you may disable the use of location services in the application settings at any time.
Snowshoes.com takes physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control. Even so, security breaches and mistakes can and do happen and we do not guarantee the security of personal information. Except for financial transmissions, you should assume the site is not encrypted. Email communications and online chat are not encrypted, so do not include sensitive personal information in them. "Phishing," imposters, and fake websites are a fact of modern life.
What Can You Do To Protect Personal Information
At any time, if you believe personal information about you within our control has been accessed by unauthorized persons, please contact us. An important part of ensuring the security of personal information is your own effort to protect it against unauthorized access or use.
You may provide or we may ask for personal information about children. We do not, however, want to collect personal information from children. Do not provide us any personal information (directly or on site bulletin boards, etc.) unless you are at least 13 years of age. We encourage parents to caution their children not to provide any personal information. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may so inform us by writing us at the address noted below, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete it from our database, subject to applicable law and this Policy.
You may optionally choose to sign up for an email newsletter by checking the email signup box on the Registration page. When you do so, that information is stored securely by a third-party service whom we use specifically for managing our newsletter sending and subscribership. You can always opt-out of the newsletter at any time. The only information stored about you during registration is the information you provide, such as your email address, and possibly your IP address information, such as your country of location.
We will endeavor to process any opt-out request that you make in accordance with the instructions below in a commercially reasonable time.
- Printed Materials: to opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address such as catalogs, flyers and postcards, contact us or send a letter to the address below.
- Emails: to opt out of further marketing emails, use the method provided in the email (such as clicking "Unsubscribe").
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Snowshoes.com has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided you about our personal information practices. We will update this Policy if our practices change or if laws or regulations require that we change it. If we decide to disclose personal information in a way that is materially different from that which was stated in this Policy at the time personal information was collected, we will notify you by posting notice of the change on our site and on this page for a reasonable period before we implement that change and, if feasible, will give you an opportunity to opt out of the proposed use of personal information.
Contacting the Website
4201 6th Ave South
Seattle, WA 98108